To be licensed and operate legally, a coffee shop must meet all conditions and comply with food safety control procedures as prescribed by laws. So, what are the conditions for granting food safety certificate for cafe?
1. Regulated conditions for issuance of food safety certificate for cafe
To be granted Food safety certificate, a cafe must fully meet the following conditions:
a. Have enough conditions ensuring food safety:
– For food processing and service businesses:
+ The kitchen is arranged to ensure there is no cross-contamination between unprocessed and processed foods.
+ There is enough water that meets technical standards to serve processing and business.
+ Having hygienic devices for collecting and containing garbage and waste.
+ Sewers in the areas of shops and kitchens must be drained without any stagnancy.
+ Eating rooms must be airy. cool, sufficiently lit and kept clean and have equipment to prevent insects and harmful animals.
+ Having food preservation equipment and toilets and collecting waste and garbage daily.
+ Heads of units having collective kitchens shall take responsibility for food safety.
– For food processors and catering services providers:
+ To have separate utensils and containers for raw and cooked food.
+ To ensure safety and hygiene of cooking and processing utensils.
+ The tableware must be made of safe materials and kept clean and dry.
+ To comply with regulations on health, knowledge and practices of persons directly engaged in food production and trading.
– Food processing and preservation:
+ To use safe food and food materials of clear origin and keep food samples.
+ To process food safely and hygienically.
+ Food on sale must be placed in glass showcases or hygienic preservation containers on tables or shelves above the ground, which can prevent dust, rain, sunshine, insects and harmful animals.
b. Have registered food business in the Business registration certificate.
>> FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATE, WHICH FACILITIES MUST HAVE? https://linconlaw.vn/food-safety-certificate-which-facilities-must-have/
>> SALE, PURCHASE CONTRACT OF OFFICETEL (OFFICE APARTMENT COMBINED WITH ACCOMMODATION), HOW IS REGULATED? https://linconlaw.vn/sale-purchase-contract-of-officetel-office-apartment-combined-with-accommodation-how-is-regulated/
2. Procedure for issuance of Food safety certificate for cafe
– Step 1: Application submission
Business organizations and individuals submit dossiers to apply for Food safety certificate for cafe to the competent state agency.
– Step 2: Documents processing, inspection and issuance of Food safety certificate
Within 15 days from the date of receipt of complete and valid documents, the competent state agency shall inspect the actual conditions for ensuring food safety of the cafe. If eligible, a certificate of establishment meeting food safety conditions must be issued; In case of refusal, they must respond in writing and clearly state the reason.
3. Authority to issue food safety certificate for cafe
Department of Food safety.
4. Sanctions for handling violations
Violations of regulations on Food safety certificate for cafe can be fined up to VND 60 million.
At the same time, remedial measures can be applied including forced recall of food, forced change of use purpose or recycling or forced destruction of food for violations, depending on the behavior and severity of the violation.
- Law on Food Safety 2010;
- Decree 15/2018/ND-CP guiding the Law on Food Safety issued on February 2, 2018;
- Decree 115/2018/ND-CP regulating penalties for administrative violations of food safety issued on September 4, 2018;
- Decree 124/2021/ND-CP amending Decree 115/2018/ND-CP regulating penalties for administrative violations of food safety and Decree 117/2020/ND-CP regulating penalties for administrative violations of food safety in the health sector issued on December 28, 2021.
𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐖 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌 – 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
- In Hanoi: 5F Golden Tower, 275 Nguyen Trai str., Thanh Xuan Trung ward, Thanh Xuan dist., Hanoi.
- In HCMC: 272 Do Phap Thuan, An Phu ward, Thu Duc city, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Website: http://linconlaw.vn/
- Email: Lawyer@linconlaw.vn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Linconlawfirmm
- Linkedln: linkedin.com/in/lincon-law-firm-100b96201
- Hotline: +84.987.733.358