To be granted a Certificate of Food safety (or “Certificates of food safety eligibility”), the restaurant must fully meet the conditions, comply with the implementation process, and ensure inspection work and management on food according to specific safety standards of laws. According to current regulations, how are procedures for granting Certificate of Food safety for restaurant implemented?
1. Conditions for issuance of Certificate of Food safety for restaurant
To be granted Certificate of Food safety, a restaurant must fully meet the following conditions:
a. Have enough conditions ensuring food safety:
– For food processing and service businesses:
+ The kitchen is arranged to ensure there is no cross-contamination between unprocessed and processed foods.
+ There is enough water that meets technical standards to serve processing and business.
+ Having hygienic devices for collecting and containing garbage and waste.
+ Sewers in the areas of shops and kitchens must be drained without any stagnancy.
+ Eating rooms must be airy. cool, sufficiently lit and kept clean and have equipment to prevent insects and harmful animals.
+ Having food preservation equipment and toilets and collecting waste and garbage daily.
+ Heads of units having collective kitchens shall take responsibility for food safety.
– For food processors and catering services providers:
+ To have separate utensils and containers for raw and cooked food.
+ To ensure safety and hygiene of cooking and processing utensils.
+ The tableware must be made of safe materials and kept clean and dry.
+ To comply with regulations on health, knowledge and practices of persons directly engaged in food production and trading.
– Food processing and preservation:
+ To use safe food and food materials of clear origin and keep food samples.
+ To process food safely and hygienically.
+ Food on sale must be placed in glass showcases or hygienic preservation containers on tables or shelves above the ground, which can prevent dust, rain, sunshine, insects and harmful animals.
b. Have registered food business in the Business registration certificate.
>> CONDITIONS FOR ISSUANCE OF FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATE FOR CAFE https://linconlaw.vn/conditions-for-issuance-of-food-safety-certificate-for-cafe/
>> IN WHICH WAYS CAN OWNERSHIP RIGHTS TO LAYOUT DESIGN BE INFRINGED? https://linconlaw.vn/in-which-ways-can-ownership-rights-to-layout-design-be-infringed/
2. Procedure for issuance of Certificate of Food safety for restaurant
a. Execution procedures
– Step 1: Application submission
Business organizations and individuals submit dossiers to apply for Certificate of Food safety for restaurant to the competent state agency.
– Step 2: Documents processing, inspection and issuance of Certificate of Food safety.
Within 15 days from the date of receipt of complete and valid documents, the competent state agency shall inspect the actual conditions for ensuring food safety of the restaurant. If eligible, a certificate of establishment meeting food safety conditions must be issued; In case of refusal, they must respond in writing and clearly state the reason.
b. Authority to issue Food safety certificate for restaurant
Department of Food safety.
3. Dossier of application
A dossier of application for a Certificate of Food safety for restaurant comprises:
– An application for a certificate of food safety for restaurant;
– A copy of the business registration certificate;
– Written explanations about the satisfaction of food safety and hygiene conditions of physical foundations, equipment and tools as prescribed by competent state management agencies;
– Health certificates of the establishments owner and persons directly engaged in food production and trading, issued by a district- or higher-level health establishment;
– Certificates of training in knowledge about food safety and hygiene of the establishment’s owner and persons directly engaged in food production and trading as prescribed by line ministers.
- Law on Food Safety 2010;
- Decree 15/2018/ND-CP guiding the Law on Food Safety issued on February 2, 2018.
𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐖 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐌 – 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
- In Hanoi: 5F Golden Tower, 275 Nguyen Trai str., Thanh Xuan Trung ward, Thanh Xuan dist., Hanoi.
- In HCMC: 272 Do Phap Thuan, An Phu ward, Thu Duc city, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Website: http://linconlaw.vn/
- Email: Lawyer@linconlaw.vn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Linconlawfirmm
- Linkedln: linkedin.com/in/lincon-law-firm-100b96201
- Hotline: +84.987.733.358